North Bristol Private Hospital
In October 2014, the Competition and Markets Authority (the “CMA”) published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the “Order”) following its investigation into the private healthcare industry. The Order imposed requirements on private hospital operators to disclose certain information in relation to referring clinicians (as defined by the Order) for the benefit of patients.
The Company provides the following services to Consultants and/or Referring Clinicians:
- Provided to ensure clinical safety, including in-house training such as Basic Life Support training
- Operational services to ensure a smooth patient pathway as part of normal business such as patient admission, administrative and billing
- Insurance and indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of National Health Service (NHS) patient
- Secure data storage and IT support for computer and mobile devices to ensure the security of patient data
- Basic Workplace Amenities including tea and coffee
- Subsidised meals on-site to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
- Stationary to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
- Mail and post-room services to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
General Marketing & Promotional Services to be able to operate a Commercial Business, Including but not limited to;
- Production of consultant directories including website profiles
- Production of facility branded business cards and correspondence material
- Production of marketing material and literature, including GP and direct to patient mailers
- Production of advertisements and media placements to promote the services of the business
- GP educational events with a consultant speaker
- Promotional items including branded post-it notes, pens, mouse mats etc.
CLINICIAN ADVISORY SERVICES
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of certain paid services provided by referring clinicians to private hospital operators in addition to exercising Practicing Privileges at that hospital.
Clinician Advisory service information is shown below:
None to report
CLINICIAN FINANCIAL INTERESTS IN HEALTHCARE
Private Hospital operators are required to disclose details of referring clinicians practising at their facilities who have a share or financial interest in those facilities or any equipment used. Some clinicians may own shares in their practising facility.
Relevant shares/financial interests are shown below:
None to report
The information disclosed on this page in accordance with the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 is true and accurate to the best of the companies’ knowledge and belief.